Stuck in the Weeds

Friday, May 9, 2008

Have you ever felt like you were stuck in the weeds? By that I mean tangled in the thick of it, stuck in what is probably some variation of miserable, unable to view the brighter big picture? That is me right now. Don't get me wrong, life is good... wonderful wife, baby on the way, and I've just recently finished a long renovation project. No, life is good, but I am decidedly stuck in the weeds. I've not been out climbing since Arizona, and have only put in a couple of days on my home wall. It turns out, and who knew, that Spring in New England is all about getting stuff done that had been put off all winter... which actually does include weeds. On top of that, work has me buried right now. But not in a good way. I am not working on creative projects, I am mired in upkeep and maintenance, project spreadsheets and tracking, and resource management. Not necessarily bad things, but in the absence of creativity it definitely makes Eric a cranky boy. Add on top of that rain for the past several weekends and I need to get out! Or at the least into the studio to shoot some photos. Something. Some form of creative expression would do me much needed good. So, hopefully I will pop my head up soon and find my way out of the weeds... At least before it gets mowed off!

0  comments: