Sandra & Daniel: A Butternut Farm Wedding

Saturday, January 23, 2010

During November in New England you never quite know what the weather will have in store for you. It could be cold and miserable or, as was the case for Sandra and Daniel's wedding day, absolutely gorgeous. Bluebird sky, golden late-Autumn foliage, and a pleasant temperature were a welcome treat.

I first met Sandra and Daniel at Jesi and Hendi's wedding last March. Their wedding was a fantastic event, so I was super excited to be asked to photograph Sandra and Daniel's wedding later in the Fall. It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces.

We began the day at Sandra's parents' home where she and her bridesmaids were getting ready. One of my favorite parts of the wedding day is this time spent with the bride and her friends. We arrived a little early while everyone was finishing lunch, so that allowed a little extra time for details images, starting with a lovely ring shot posed in the bride's bouquet...


Sandra had selected bright and vibrant colors for their wedding, as seen in all of the bouquets below and the rich blue dresses of her bridesmaids, which you will see shortly.


And here is her dress soaking up some of that bluebird sky...


At the top of the beautiful spiral staircase that is a focal point in the home was a small love seat that worked quite well for posing Sandra's shoes...


Following their lunch, everyone moved upstairs to begin the process of getting Sandra into her gown. Ladies were flittering about, tending to Sandra. I love this image of the maid of honor tightening the laces on the back of the gown, captured by my assistant David...


Almost done, Sandra's mother stepped in to finish the job of getting her daughter ready. Sandra looks very happy for the help, as does mom...


As this next image will show, I think Sandra has a couple of the most beautiful eyes...


And a classic black and white image just after the final touches were completed...


I mentioned the spiral stairs earlier. As soon as I walked into the home I knew we needed to utilize this feature. Below is my classic angle of Sandra descending with her flowing dress...


We took a few minutes for portraits with all of the ladies, then David and I drove over to the church where we met up with Daniel and his groomsmen. Here are all of the guys looking relaxed -- and sharp -- outside of the church.


And the soon-to-be newlywed Daniel posed for a portrait...


Very shortly afterward Sandra's limo rolled up. In this image I love seeing Sandra's mother beaming in the background. She certainly seems the proud mom...


Once inside, the ceremony got underway pretty quickly. Both Sandra and Daniel were so excited for this moment, and they were both smiling ear-to-ear all through the service. As this next image will show, I don't think there was a soul not smiling...


Sandra's brother and sister-in-law are fabulous musicians, and performed several songs during the ceremony, which was a very nice personal touch. This image was captured by David...


It was a full house, too, that got to enjoy the performances an service, as seen here while stepping out of the sanctuary...


And I mentioned the blue dresses... Here the bridesmaids look on during the vows. So much color. I love it!


The exchanging of rings...


Sandra seems happy...


But I think Daniel takes the prize for MOST excited!


And the first kiss as husband and wife...


When the couple turns to face their family and friends usually the excitement cannot be contained. Sandra certainly could not be contained! A great expression...


Following the ceremony, we all drove over to the reception being help at Butternut Farm Golf Club in Stow, MA. It was a 30 minute drive to the Club, so it gave David and I our first moment to relax and get off of our feet. We followed the limo with the wedding party to the reception, and once there David jumped out so that I could park the car yet we wouldn't miss anything. I am sure glad he did because he captured this moment below between father and daughterl one of my favorites from the day!


As we arrived the sun was fading fast. We were still within the "magic hour", but leaning towards the tail end of it. We quickly captured a few images next to the pond...


And then Sandra, Daniel and I took golf carts out to a spot on the golf course to take full advantage of the remaining light and the autumn foliage. Here are the newlyweds posed inside a covered bridge along the course...


And out on one of the greens. I think this was my favorite portrait of the day...


I shot a whole series farther back, which capitalized on the incredible late Fall colors. Incredible orange and brown leaves with a blue sky and almost glowing green grass... no wonder it's the magic hour!


While I was away, David continued having fun with the wedding party and family. Here is a wonderful series of Daniel's brother goofing around for the camera...


Upon returning we finished up the formal group portrait with the wedding party and family. David caught this great image from the side while I was shooting the entire group head on...


Heading back inside it was time for introductions and the first dance. Here are a couple of images from the the dance...



For some reason, I really like cake shots. I just do. Maybe because I love cake. David helped me capture the image below by positioning the flash to my left...


After recording the cake, it was time to cut the sucker open! Sandra seemed to really enjoy that part, while Daniel did the honors...


Formalities taken care of, it was time to dance. The dance floor was alive with energy, which is always very nice...



Sandra and Daniel snuck away to change for their departure. Here is a final parting shot before they left, on their way to their honeymoon...


For more images, please take a moment to view the slide show (click on the slide show to begin):

Thank you Sandra and Daniel for including me in your day! And thank you to David my second shooter for your excellent images.

0  comments: