Allison & Dan: A Zorvino Vineyards Wedding

Thursday, June 3, 2010

On April 3 I had the great pleasure of photographing Allison and Dan's wedding at the Exeter Inn and reception at Zorvino Vineyards. A few "technology" issues have sidelined me from blogging images from their wonderful day -- as well as anything else for that matter -- but I am almost up and running again, and at least able to post! Look for more posts as I begin to exit the log jam. Now, back to my point...

We had an incredible Spring in the Northeast. Not like last year where it rained pretty much straight through until August. Easter weekend was no exception. It was a great day for a wedding...


Both Allison and Dan prepared for their nuptials at the Exeter Inn. The halls were a buzz of attendants flirting back and forth between separate wings at the Inn, while the bride and groom tried hard to not see each other beforehand.

Here is Allison having the final touches put on her makeup before getting dressed.



I think it is worth noting that the week prior to their wedding Allison was in Haiti with the earthquake relief effort, and following the wedding Allison was home for only a couple of weeks before heading back. Kudos to you!


In the guy's room, Dan was nervous, but having a good time!


And looking sharp, too...


Some may ask what is going on in this next photograph, but to a climber it's perfectly obvious -- BETA! Allison's brother Jon is an avid climber, like me, and I was psyched to see him miming his latest project...


Prep completed, everyone headed downstairs for the wedding ceremony...


From the moment Allison walked down the isle with her father, through most of the ceremony, Dan was grinning ear to ear. I love seeing that.



Following the ceremony we all headed out to the Inn's back lawn for portraits and to enjoy the wonderful weather. Here is an intimate moment between the new husband and wife...



Then it was off to Zorvino Vineyards for the reception. Here is a capture from Allison and Dan's first dance as a married couple...


I was accompanied by photographer Doug Levy. Below is a great image taken during the cake cutting. I love the perspective and expression that Doug captured...


The party then kicked off in a big way. I think everyone was enjoying themselves...


Including the newlyweds!


I'll end with a great shot that Doug snapped from outside the winery.


To see more of their day, please take a moment to view the slide show:



Thank you Allison and Dan for inviting me to share in your wedding day and for being such fun to work with. And thank you to Doug for your outstanding images.

1  comments:

Jay Hsiang Studio said...

love your original angles of the dress and cake feeding! nice work!