Kim & Al: Odiorne Point Engagement

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In just a couple of short weeks I will be photographing Kim and Al's wedding in Laconia, NH. I am very excited for their Fourth of July wedding, and it's going to a blast! I know this because I got to spend a really fun evening this past Fall getting with Kim and Al during their engagement session. I thought I would share a few of my favorite images from that colorful evening prior to the big day.

Meet Kim and Al...


We met a little before sunset at Odiorne Point State Park in Rye, NH in order to catch the warm light of the setting sun.



For about an hour we wandered around to various locations within the Park, including different aspects of the rocky shore line.



Once the sun dipped behind the trees we left the park and headed back towards Portsmouth, NH on Rt. 1A, stopping at the inlet bridge just a little ways from the park entrance. The light here was incredible, and the Fall foliage gorgeous. There were also several small tidal pools along the grass flats that allowed for nice reflections.



Kim and Al proved to be real troopers when I asked them if they were willing to trudge across the flat to this old dock. I have photographed here before and always like it. I think Kim was skeptical, even after we got there, but I know she loved the results, if not the wet feet!



As the sun sank even lower we traipsed across the bridge to the other side of the inlet. I love the texture in the grass, and and the light was still warm and pleasing.


To see more images from Kim and Al's engagement session, view the slide show below:



Going into the wedding in a couple of weeks I know we are going to have a blast. Look for a post of the wedding in July!

1  comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric,
I am so looking forward to you working your magic at Kim's wedding.
Put in your reservation for the same perfect day you had for the engagement shoot.
See you soon, Debbie ( MOB )