Lindsay & Jason: A Mount Washington Hotel Wedding

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Photographing a lot of weddings each year means I get to go to a lot of parties. This particular party at the Mount Washington Hotel ranked very high on my "absolutely rocked the house" list. Great people, great venue and a great band joined together to make a super memorable evening. So, it is with great pleasure that I present Lindsay and Jason's wedding.

I am not originally from New England, so I can say this without a hometown bias... There is no place in the East more beautiful than the White Mountains in the Fall. Colors explode everywhere, and this made a gorgeous backdrop for the day...


If you are not familiar with it, the Mount Washington Hotel is one of the few truly grand hotels in the region. Nestled at the foot of Mount Washington, approaching the hotel really is breathtaking. Upon arrival, I met up with Lindsay while getting her hair done at the Salon...


In the end, even her hairdresser needed a photo...


Then it was upstairs with the ladies for make-up and dresses...


As they prepped, I gathered up several of Lindsay's things for some detail images. Her simple, yet elegant gown and by far the snazziest shoes I'd seen all year were all must have images. Her dress and her Manolo Blahniks...


For something borrowed and something blue, Lindsay had this handkerchief made from pieces of her grandmother's wedding dress...


A few more adjustments...


... and gorgeous! We paused for a few portraits, and then it was time to head to the ceremony.


The grand staircase at the Mount Washington is a staple location when shooting there. Here I caught all of the ladies heading downstairs, as well as Lindsay's father waiting for her.


A tender moment...


While I was clicking away with the ladies, David was doing the same with Jason and the guys. Here is a great shot of Jason getting a final tie straightening from his father...


Then they headed outside for some fresh air and portraits. I love the colors David captured in this one on the right...


As well as the Fall colors in this image of Jason with his father and brother...


With everyone all set, it was showtime. You don't get too many backdrops as spectacular as that found behind the south veranda at the Mount Washington. That's Crawford Notch in the background, which incidentally is also home to some of the region's best ice climbing, for those that wanted to know :-)


Both Jason and Lindsay were nervous prior to the ceremony, but Jason loosened right up...


This wedding was just littered with colorful accents everywhere you looked, including this detail of the groomsmen...


... and the bridesmaids....


I do.


It's official...


Following the ceremony we gathered for family and group portraits. Unfortunately it was cold. The ladies especially were troopers, and we were rewarded for it. Although Mt. Washington was mostly hidden in the clouds, this is still a spectacular setting...


The setting sun peaked under the clouds just enough to reward us with beautiful pink alpenglow for Lindsay and Jason's portraits.


Yes, I am THAT entertaining during the portrait session. Or maybe it was Jason. I don't remember. I am sure it was me...


The newlyweds retreated to their cocktail hour and I snuck into the grand ballroom to document the details. I was floored by the flowers right off. Sara Severance, the Mount Washington Hotel Floral Director, outdid herself. Not only were the bouquets, etc. beautiful, but each table was exploding with colors...


Instead of a centerpiece for each table, Lindsay opted to break apart the centerpieces and create hundreds of smaller arrangements, which were placed in milk bottles and vases. It really was breathtaking. Well done Sara!


Then there were introductions, first dance, dinner, cake cutting, parent dances...





And then it was time to party...


Did I mention that the band rocked? I always love a live band. Hands down, for me they are the most entertaining during a reception. And party band Unity was awesome. From Top 40 to hip hop to rock, they killed it!


But it wasn't just me, I think Lindsay was enjoying it too...


I know that her mother, father and guests were...



Here is a final image snagged on the dance floor...


Thank you Lindsay and Jason for throwing such a great party, and for inviting me to share in it with you. It really was a memorable night. And thanks David for once again joining me and continuing to "kill it."

2  comments:

Doug said...

That is one hell of a ceremony venue. Great views. Nicely done.

Lindsay said...

Hi Eric...I just saw this and LOVED it! Thanks so much for all that you did to capture that PERFECT day - your blog really does a nice job of painting the picture! We had a blast and truly loved working with you and David. Can't wait for our next project together...ALBUMS!