Caitlin & Aaron: A Mt. Washington Hotel Wedding

Monday, August 22, 2011

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I'm a mountain boy. On almost any free day -- which seem to be getting fewer lately -- you'll find me up north. So, I always enjoy traveling to the mountains for a wedding too, and there are few venues that I can think of that feel quite as "in the mountains" as the Mt. Washington Resort. Nestled deep in Crawford Notch and at the base of Mt. Washington, it's, well, spectacular! I've found that the weddings I have photographed there have all been for people with a deep appreciation and passion for the outdoors. Hikers, climbers, skiers, people who love being outside, and Caitlin and Aaron are just those kind of people. Not only was I fortunate enough to be spending the day in the mountains, but also at the marriage celebration of a couple of kindred spirits. So, I am very excited to share a peek at Caitlin and Aaron's big day...



I met Caitlin early as she was finishing up at the Spa, so I took the chance to photograph a few details before she arrived back at the room. Flowers for the day were by Carrie at Dutch Bloemen Winkle...



Caitlin's mom helping her get ready...


Everyone's focused on the dress, and getting Caitlin into it...




While I was with the ladies, my friend Lindsay Flanagan was with Aaron and the guys. Here are several great captures...


Aaron's best man Scott making sure he was looking good...


He succeeded...


All ready to go, and still feeling relaxed...


A great shot of all the guys by Lindsay just before heading down the mountain to the hotel...


Back at the hotel, Caitlin was putting the finishing touches on and then it was off to the ceremony herself...


Another great shot by Lindsay of the guys waiting for Caitlin. Crawford Notch is in the background...



The Jewell Terrace at the Mt. Washington is one of the most spectacular ceremony settings. If you like being outside and in the mountains, few ceremony views are more majestic!


A couple of more images from the ceremony...



And the happy newlyweds...


Following the service we took care of all of the formal portraits, and a few of Caitlin and Aaron too, but we planned on sneaking out later for their portraits so that they could enjoy some time with their guests before the reception...


At the Mt. Washington, the view is grand, but so is the Ball Room. It's always decked out to the nines, and especially with Carrie's gorgeous centerpieces...




Caitlin and Aaron's first dance was fantastic! These two can dance...


And finishing with a great dip...


Everyone enjoyed the show!



In between toasts and the meal we snuck back out for portraits. We were treated to fantastic alpenglow on the Hotel from the setting sun out on the front lawn, and then back out on the Jewell Terrace...


I love the color pop from the alpine garden that surrounds the Jewell Terrace, with the last bit of daylight silhouetting the White Mountains...


Back inside and post dinner, it was time for parent dances. Here's Caitlin and her father...


And a moving embrace between Aaron and his mother...


Then it was time to party! The Big City Band rocked the house. I LOVE live bands. Nothing keeps a crowd engaged like a band...




As the night drew to a close, the band really let loose and it packed the dance floor. During the last song just about everyone in the room was on the floor and surrounded the newlyweds. The energy was awesome...


I'll end with my favorite image from earlier in the evening. I mentioned that gorgeous sunset, right? Here it is...


Thank you Caitlin and Aaron for allowing me to share your grand day in the mountains. It truly was a remarkable and memorable day. And special thanks to Lindsay for traveling north with me and for your excellent images.

0  comments: