Great light, great family at Great Island Common

Monday, November 14, 2011

The other day I had the great pleasure (I have to stick to the theme, right?) of spending a little time with the Bateman family at Great Island Common in Newcastle, NH to capture some family portraits. I love lifestyle family sessions like this where after a little shyness and hesitation on the part of the kids, they ultimately open up and their real personalities come out.

Here's a small selection of images from time spent with a lovely family...



"I'm still not quite sure about you."



"OK, you're cool. ATTACK!"



Following some portraits and fun on the beach we moved over to the playground. I love this part of a session. When the pure joy that resides in children comes out it is a wonderful thing...

Swap in my own family, and I want these next three images hanging in my office...



We went from "No, I won't smile or look at you" when we started to "just one more picture!" I think we got over being shy...


Thanks!

2  comments:

TARA Photography said...

GREAT pics Eric - what a great location ;) No pun intended.

Barton449 said...

Great pictures of a great family.