Getting Mileage Out of Old Photos

Friday, October 9, 2009

A couple of years ago I had the great pleasure of spending a cold, winter day photographing Portland, Maine firefighters practicing building bailout and escape techniques. My climbing and high-angle rigging background came in very useful for this shoot. By mid-day I was hanging four stories up off the side of the training tower adjacent to the fire house as Portland's finest proceeded to throw themselves out the window.

It was RAD!

Various images from that day have been used by Sterling Rope in advertisements, brochures and websites. The advertisement shown here is the most recent highlighting Sterling's new F4 escape device. I also shot the product shot of the F4 in bottom-center as part of a series of detail shots done for Sterling this past summer.

It's always fun to see my commercial work in print. Now I just have to figure out where to get a hard copy of Fire Rescue or Fire Engineering magazines!

0  comments: