Kim & Al: Lake Winnipesaukee Wedding

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am very excited to be posting images from Kim and Al's Independence Day wedding. You may recall them from their engagement shoot at Odiorne Point State Park in Rye, NH, which I posted shortly before their wedding. Kim and Al have an affinity for the water and beautiful places, which is why they selected The Margate Resort as the location for their wedding. They were not disappointed, and were treated to a pleasant summer breeze, dramatic skies, breath-taking views and an energetic group of family and friends.


We started the day with Kim getting ready at the private lake-side residence that her family rented for the week.


Of the many things I remember from the great time I had photographing Kim and Al for their engagement session, one that stands out the most was Kim's smile. Here, she and her wonderful smile are putting on the finishing touches...


Once ready, we stepped out onto the dock for a few portraits where we realized we could look over and see The Margate just a little ways away. Though not visible in this lake shot below, you could actually see Al and his groomsmen milling about the ceremony location with my second photographer David.


While I was clicking away with Kim and her bridesmaids, David was doing the same with Al and his groomsmen. He captured this great portrait of Al below...


As well as this one, which I really like, of the sharp dressed men...


Kim's nephew was the ring-bearer for the ceremony. I was able to get him to stand still just long enough to capture this ring shot, then he was back to hamming for the camera...


Kim and Al chose to have a 'first look' before the ceremony, which is always fun. I love the triptych below as Kim walks out from the hotel and Al eagerly awaits his bride-to-be...


The short wedding ceremony was held on the side lawn overlooking the lake.


Kim's brother Tim was the officiant for the service. At one point, between Al and Tim, Kim was practically doubled over in laughter. It truly was an enjoyable service, and as always, culminated in a kiss...


Always a fun moment, Kim and Al are seen below exiting the ceremony...


We very quickly posed for a few portraits along the lake front and on the pier...


Then Kim and Al were off to their reception and David and I quickly captured some details of the reception room, which overlooked the lake. As a sidebar, this room was made for bounce flash I think. I was loving the vaulted ceiling.


Kim and Al had a small cake for their cutting, and treated their guests to chocolate and yellow cupcakes. Mmmm...


Following introductions and Kim and Al's first dance, Kim shared a very moving dance with her father. I hope when my daughter gets married she looks this happy on her wedding day!


Then it was time to party. And party they did! Below, Kim and Al finish a very spirited dance with a bow to their guests...


The reception room overlooked the lake, and it did not take long to recognize that there was going to be an amazing sunset this evening. At the right time, we left the reception for a few moments to capture some portraits with a painted sky as the backdrop...


Back inside, David manned the photo booth that we brought for the event. I don't often operate a photo booth at weddings, but on occasion it can be a lot of fun. Now, I must admit, to keep the blog rated G instead of PG-13, I've only posted the two photos below of adorable nieces and nephew. Suffice it to say, there were a lot of inside jokes displayed in the photo booth this evening!


As the evening wound to an end, everyone who remained moved outside to try and catch some of the fireworks being set off around the lake. We also had some fun with sparklers...


And as a parting shot, I leave you with a sunset kiss...


Thank you Kim and Al for inviting me to your special day. And special thanks to my second photographer David for your hard work and great images.

0  comments: