Lee & Chris: A Glen Magna Farm Wedding

Friday, September 23, 2011

I was really looking forward to Lee and Chris' wedding in August. I first met them a year earlier at their home on Boston's north shore, and as I was driving back north Lee called to book their date. Fast forward nine months and I met up with them again at their home, but this time for an engagement session. We spent a gorgeous evening at the beach in Swampscott chatting about the fast approaching wedding, among other things. I was definitely excited for their day to arrive! Fast forward again and I met Lee as she was getting prepared for her wedding ceremony at Glen Magna Farms in Danvers, MA...



Lee being helped into her dress...


And her bridesmaids looking on...


Once Lee was dressed, we went out for some photos...


The lovely ladies...


Flowers for the day were by Flowers by Darlene in Salem...


Of course, I took a few minutes for some portraits of Lee. I love the image on the right...


Back in the mansion, my good friend Doug was hanging with Chris and the guys...


Looking sharp...



Lee and Chris opted for a first look prior to the ceremony. While waiting for Lee, I grabbed a few portraits of Chris...


Always a fun moment, a little tap on the back...



Very cute...


The entire wedding party...


Portraits done, it was off to the ceremony. A great image by Doug as the ladies leave the mansion...


The gardens at Glen Magna are amazing. The wisteria covered pergola is a wonderful location for a ceremony. Chris eagerly awaits Lee coming down the isle with her father...



Two perspectives -- mine and Doug's on the right...


Mr. and Mrs...


Following the ceremony with made time for a few portraits in the garden...



I just love shooting couples as they stroll down this tree lined dirt road...


Another great capture by Doug...


Then it was off to the reception. Here are a few of the beautiful details. Loved the yellow...




Introductions led to the first dance...



Followed by several toasts...




And also parent dances...



Then it was time to party! The Floyd Patterson Band rocked the tent...



Chris cutting a rug with his sisters...




The evening wound down with a spirited last dance, with the bride and groom surrounded by by their family and friends...



Thank you Lee and Chris for having me. Your wedding was every bit and awesome as I thought it would be. And thank you Doug for joining me for the day.

0  comments: