Jessica & Nick: A Danversport Wedding

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In early September I had the pleasure of spending a beautiful day with Jessica and Nick. Although we live less than an hour apart, we had not met in person prior to this day. I work with a number of couples each year planning their destination wedding, and although that was not the case here, it felt that way. After several conversations and many emails, it was great to finally arrive at Jessica's parent's house. When I arrived the ladies were not yet back from the salon, so I began with a few details while I waited for their return...


Once Jessica arrived, she set straight to getting dressed and ready...


Everyone was pitching in, and Jessica was enjoying the attention, I think...


Across town, my good friend David was with Nick at their home. Here are several great images that he captured getting ready...




Prior to the ceremony I snuck in this group shot of Nick and his groomsmen...


Back at Jessica's parent's, I took a few minutes for portraits before hopping in the limo and heading to the church. She looked stunning, and I love her flowers, which were by Konstantina's Floral Design Studio...


The ladies enjoying their ride to the church...


David grabbed this image from the balcony as Jessica entered with her father. Nope, that's not me in the isle. Must have been someone else...


I love Nick's wry smile as Jessica approached...


A few favorites from the ceremony...


Jessica and her sister sharing a moment...



One of my favorite moments from ceremonies...


A quick grab before leaving the church...


From the church we headed to the Danversport Yacht Club for the reception. We took the first few moments at the Club for portraits...


As I was shooting away I kept glancing over my shoulder, keeping an eye on the ever-improving sunset. Soon enough it was just right, and I was able to make a handful of portraits overlooking the marina...


Portraits complete, David and I headed inside for more details prior to guests making their way in.




Say hello to the new Mr. and Mrs...


First dance...


I love when the stars align and I am positioned well for a dip at the end of the dance. You never know which way they are going to go, but this one worked out!


Jessica and her father...


Nick and his mom. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room initially, as Nick's mom stood up from her wheelchair for this moment...


Dances were followed by Jessica's sister and Nick's brother offering toasts to the newlyweds...



Then it was time to party! Nick and Jessica kicking things off...


And some very good MJ moves...


Jessica's mom was enjoying herself too, and Nick's dad, well, just awesome....



Here's a final late night portrait under the gazebo...


Jessica and Nick's wedding was a great way to kick off a busy Fall. Thank you both for including me in your celebration, for being so great to work with, and for being so gracious all day long. Thanks also to David for joining me for the day.

0  comments: