Leah & Scott: Sandy Island Wedding Rehearsal

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I am in the middle of culling images from Leah and Scott's wedding day last weekend, but thought in the meantime I would share a peek at their rehearsal BBQ the day before.

Leah and Scott had a fantastic weekend planned on Sandy Island, a private family camp on Lake Winnipesaukee only accessible via boat. Many of their guests were staying on the island with them, and many more were coming over via boat for the BBQ and wedding the next day. I was excited to being joining them on this relaxed Friday afternoon. I arrived at my appointed time to a secluded dock where I was to be picked up by island staff.


After a 15 minute jaunt over to the island, I stepped off the boat to a wonderfully appointed campground. Leah had "touched" almost every place in the common areas of the camp with signs and flowers, such as these below. I arrived just in time for BBQ outside under the tall pines...


Here's Scott and Leah enjoying their quests and their brews out of rustic mason jars...


Mmmmm, BBQ!


Everyone was digging in and enjoying themselves. And the food looked -- and smelled -- so good...


Following dinner, Leah, Scott and I took a stroll. We had not had an engagement session previously, so took the opportunity to explore locations around the camp during an evening photo shoot...


Ultimately, we ended up lakeside, and stayed here awhile, affording us all sorts of wonderful evening light...






Here are a final couple of images from the evening. The sun had just about set behind the island as I snapped my last portraits. Then it was back on the boat and my return to mainland. I shot the sun dipping behind Sandy Island from the stern of the Big Sandy as my last few frames of the day...


Look for Leah and Scott's wedding day peek here in the coming weeks.

0  comments: